GCC 3.4.5 release plans

Nick Burrett nick at sqrt.co.uk
Tue Jul 26 00:54:37 PDT 2005

Quoting Peter Naulls <peter at chocky.org>:

> In message <9a0e31904d.Jo at hobbes.bass-software.com>
>          John Tytgat <John.Tytgat at aaug.net> wrote:
>
>> I'm a little bit amazed to read
>> <URL:http://fortran.orpheusweb.co.uk/gnu/index.htm>
>> I.e. at the end a list of found bugs but to my knowledge not really reported
>> via our Bugzilla bug database nor mailing list.  Or am I mistaken ?
>
> News to me too.  I suspect that almost all of these are fixed now, and
> what's left is trivial.  Do you want to chase them up, and encourage
> them to contribute in a more useful way?

These are all known bugs to me and have been there since the very early
days of GCCSDK.  I told them at a west-midlands show that I wasn't
going to support Fortran until 'g95' was written.

I lost most of my bug fixes.

> Their hacking up of the !gcc application also seems a bit pointless; I'm
> not sure what they're trying to achieve.

IIRC they wanted a pure Fortran build, rather than including
unnecessary languages like C and C++.