GCC 3.4.5 release plans

Steve Ellacott s.w.ellacott at brighton.ac.uk
Tue Jul 26 02:45:30 PDT 2005

In message <e84f72904d.peter at chocky.org>

> In message <7de371904d.Steve at s.w.ellacott.ntlworld.com> you wrote:
>
>> In message <69f0f88f4d.peter at chocky.org> you wrote:
>>

> It would be better if you replied to my posts to the GCCSDK list there,
> rather than emailing me.
Sorry, hit the wrong button again:-(
For those who missed the message, we are discussing the Yacas plugin
interface which apparently needs libltdl.

>> So it seems that what is actually required is the libltdl library.
>> Interestingly it refers to platforms supported by libltdl rather than
>> OSs which support it.
>
> I'm not sure why that's of relevance.  libltdl is just a library that
> wraps up or fakes dynamic linking.

Elsewhere, it does say that you need to write a platform dependent
instantiation of an abstract DLL class. Something to be investigated
in future once GCC 4 is available, I guess. But I would be interested
to know if anyone is aware of other packages with a similar
requirement. Much of Yacas is borrowed from Lisp and some from Python.

Steve

--
Steve Ellacott, Computing, Mathematical and Information Sciences,
University of Brighton, Moulsecoomb, BN2 4GJ, UK