GCC 3.4.5 release plans

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Tue Jul 26 03:04:19 PDT 2005

In message <dad873904d.Steve at s.w.ellacott.ntlworld.com>
          Steve Ellacott <s.w.ellacott at brighton.ac.uk> wrote:

> Elsewhere, it does say that you need to write a platform dependent
> instantiation of an abstract DLL class. Something to be investigated
> in future once GCC 4 is available, I guess. But I would be interested
> to know if anyone is aware of other packages with a similar
> requirement. Much of Yacas is borrowed from Lisp and some from Python.

I think you are getting confused by getting too bogged down in details,
and perhaps being a bit too quick to come to conclusions before posting.
libltdl (and nspr) can use precisely the same mechanism under Linux
that'll be used for RISC OS shared libraries.  In fact, the
existing kaffe port uses libltdl in a static incarnation.  Do you think
we can focus on specific problems before trying to get worried?