GCC 3.4.5 release plans

Nick Burrett nick at sqrt.co.uk
Thu Jul 28 02:46:05 PDT 2005

John Tytgat wrote:
> In message <20050726085437.b73gkn8fksg8k0co at mail.sqrt.co.uk>
>           Nick Burrett <nick at sqrt.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>Quoting Peter Naulls <peter at chocky.org>:

>>These are all known bugs to me and have been there since the very early
>>days of GCCSDK.
>

> And are those bugs in the g77 code or bugs triggered in the AOF generating
> backend we have ?

BUG1: AOF issue.  Can't be fixed.  Remember the COMMON area discussions
from ages ago ?
BUG2, BUG3: libg2c errors
BUG4: g77 parser error
BUG5: dependent on the integer div by zero code in the C library.

>>I told them at a west-midlands show that I wasn't
>>going to support Fortran until 'g95' was written.
>

> With 'g95', you mean <URL:http://g95.sourceforge.net/> and not the
> GNU Fortran 95 at <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/> ?

I mean GNU Fortran 95.  GNU Fortran 95 was 'g95' until some arguments
with the original author, cause a split in the development.

Nick.