newbie help

Nick Burrett nick at sqrt.co.uk
Thu Jun 9 01:43:53 PDT 2005

Luca wrote:
> Well I am having all the troubles of the world. Concerning the installation
> guide, I shall just unzip everything togheter and have a !GCC application
> at the end.  Running !GCC I'd have all the system variable set and it's ok.
> My problem is that unzipping all the stuff sounds like not being enough.
> There's stuff like "cc1plus" that ends in "!GCC.lib.arm-riscos-aof.3_4";

You should download all zip files and just uncompact them within the
same directory, which will merge the seperate !GCC directories together
into one large application.

Files like 'cc1' and 'cc1plus' are supposed to be buried in directories
like !gcc.bin.arm-riscos-aof.3_4.  They aren't called directory, rather
you just call 'gcc' and it looks in the right places.

So expect a structure like this:

!gcc.bin.drlink
!gcc.bin.gcc
!gcc.bin.arm-riscos-aof.3_4.as
!gcc.bin.arm-riscos-aof.3_4.cc1
!gcc.bin.arm-riscos-aof.3_4.cc1plus
!gcc.examples.c.hellow
!gcc.include.libscl
!gcc.include.unixlib

You do not need these directories, as they are already contained within
!gcc. They are provided so that users of Acorn's C compiler can use the
libraries.