newbie help

Luca nodoubt at libero.it
Thu Jun 9 01:49:14 PDT 2005

At 09.43 09/06/2005 +0100, Nick Burrett wrote:
>You should download all zip files and just uncompact them within the same directory, which will merge the seperate !GCC directories together into one large application.
>
>Files like 'cc1' and 'cc1plus' are supposed to be buried in directories like !gcc.bin.arm-riscos-aof.3_4.  They aren't called directory, rather you just call 'gcc' and it looks in the right places.
>
>So expect a structure like this:
>
>!gcc.bin.drlink
>!gcc.bin.gcc
>!gcc.bin.arm-riscos-aof.3_4.as
>!gcc.bin.arm-riscos-aof.3_4.cc1
>!gcc.bin.arm-riscos-aof.3_4.cc1plus
>!gcc.examples.c.hellow
>!gcc.include.libscl
>!gcc.include.unixlib
>
>You do not need these directories, as they are already contained within !gcc. They are provided so that users of Acorn's C compiler can use the libraries.

Perfect. What you say is exactely what happens when I uncompact all the stuff.
And the structure (apart drlink, which I don't remember to have seen) is exactely what you say.
The matter is that this way nothing, really nothing, works.

"(they) know the difference
 between right and wrong.
 They just don't give a damn." (Natural Born Killers)

937, '87 Alfa 75 Turbo, '90 Alfa 75 1.8ie, '75 Benelli 500 Quattro, RM250
Myself: http://www.lp666.net/
Finnish Mythology: http://www.finnishmyth.org