newbie help

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Thu Jun 9 02:02:36 PDT 2005

In message <5.0.0.25.2.20050609085341.00be9d48 at popmail.libero.it>
          Luca <nodoubt at libero.it> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am new list member, and even a new riscos/gcc user, so hi to all.
>
> I just downloaded GCC version 3.4.4-release-2 and tried to install it
> on my RiscOS 4.39 equipped RiscPC machine.
> Well I am having all the troubles of the world. Concerning the installation
> guide, I shall just unzip everything togheter and have a !GCC application
> at the end.

When starting a new post, don't reply to an existing message, as this
means it gets threaded with unrelated posts.

> My problem is that unzipping all the stuff sounds like not being enough.
> There's stuff like "cc1plus" that ends in "!GCC.lib.arm-riscos-aof.3_4";
> There's a lot of stuff lost around these paths, and to start having
> something working, I had to move to the "!GCC.bin" directory. At the

[snip]

I really don't know what you've done, but the "quick start" tells you
precisely what to do:

http://gccsdk.riscos.info/

If you want C++, then you also need the C++ Compiler archive mentioned
in the same section.  That is all; moving stuff around is sure to result
in confusion and pain.