newbie help

Theo Markettos theo at markettos.org.uk
Sat Jun 11 09:14:33 PDT 2005

On Sat, Jun 11, 2005 at 05:16:45PM +0200, Luca wrote:
> You got it!
> typing "RMEnsure SharedCLibrary 5.30" I get a message that the library is too old.
> After "RMLoad System:Modules.CLib" the compiler works.
>
> Now I gotta figure out that thing about the library, I don't understand
> why it doesn't get loaded at boot.

It may cause trouble with a few badly written programs (though I can only
remember one or two cases mentioned) so it's not loaded from boot by
default.  Most applications needing the new CLib load it in their !Run
files, but since gcc is a bunch of command line tools you don't run it by
double clicking the application so there's nowhere to load CLib from.

I load CLib at boot (on Adjust) and haven't noticed any problems caused by
it.  IMO it should be a standard install on all machines nowadays.

Theo