No more, I say

dominic beesley dominic at brahms.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 11 16:30:51 PDT 2005

John Kortink wrote:

>On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 19:23:17 +0100, Alex Waugh wrote:
>

>>In message <42A9C47F.1050607 at sqrt.co.uk>
>>         Nick Burrett <nick at sqrt.co.uk> wrote:
>>

>>>I started on the RISC OS GCC project back in November 1994, I've grown
>>>tired of it and would like to do something else now.
>>>

>>It's a shame you've had enough, but understandable given the amount of
>>time and effort you've put in. I am very grateful for the work you have
>>done, and I suspect a great many other people are as well.
>>

>Seconded.
>
>GCC for RISC OS has proved to be of major value to a
>whole lot of developers. Nick's work in that respect
>has been particularly invaluable.

Hear, hear. It is a shame that money is not available for this stuff.
The amount of work
you have put in would be worth a small fortune in other areas.

I'm sure you will do well in whatever you do. Not only are you, quite
obviously to all
here, an exceptionally brilliant programmer. But also able to conduct
yourself in a
manner that is exemplory to us all. Good luck! I hope you will find time
to drop in
on occasion to give advice.

--

Dom