RISC OS paths in cross compiled source

Nick Burrett nick at sqrt.co.uk
Mon Jun 13 02:08:19 PDT 2005

Theo Markettos wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 09:02:15PM +0200, John Tytgat wrote:
>
>>What are we missing in the GCCSDK documentation these days ?
>>
>>  - TLINK_* ?
>>  - Profiling
>>
>>Anything else ?
>

> Filename translation (it's in little bits all over the place)

I wondered whether filename translation could be seperated out from
UnixLib.  Standardise the interface a bit and convert into a module that
could be generally accessible by all applications, without a requirement
to link against UnixLib or Libscl.

Since filename translation isn't really a performance penalty, then a
couple of SWIs to translate between RISC OS and Unix filenames would
suffice.

> I/O redirection (Nick's 2>&1 hack for example)

It's not a hack, it's a standard Unix shell feature.

The other possible addition would be a manual for the C library
functions themselves, most of which could be extracted from glibc.