RISC OS paths in cross compiled source

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Mon Jun 13 02:26:52 PDT 2005

In message <42AD4D03.20900 at sqrt.co.uk>
          Nick Burrett <nick at sqrt.co.uk> wrote:

> I wondered whether filename translation could be separated out from
> UnixLib.  Standardise the interface a bit and convert into a module
> that could be generally accessible by all applications, without a
> requirement to link against UnixLib or Libscl.

What benefit would you hope to obtain from doing this?  Being able to
call from BASIC or pure assembler applications?   I'm not sure such
functionality would be very useful outside of a Unix type (and therefore
C in most instances) application.

Perhaps it would be better to think about how you might call a shared
library from these languages, and therefore access UnixLib shared
library functions.