GCC 4.1 files

Nick Burrett nick at sqrt.co.uk
Thu Jun 23 10:42:34 PDT 2005

Peter Naulls wrote:
> In message <42B3E565.7080109 at sqrt.co.uk>
>           Nick Burrett <nick at sqrt.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>The GCC 4.1-ELF-RISC OS files can be obtained here:
>>
>>    ftp://gccsdk.riscos.info/pub/devel/
>

> I'm trying to build it from the archive you supplied.  I haven't
> investigated this in any detail, however it refused to start to build
> GCC, because it was looking for arm-elf-riscos-as/ld/nm in the target
> directory.

It shouldn't be.  They don't exist on my machine, and gcc still knows to
look in the target directory for 'gas', 'ld' etc, since this is
specified using the -B option that building binutils automatically adds.

Something sounds wrong with the configure command options that you are
using.

BTW, if you re-generate the top-level configure file with an autoconf
version other than 2.13, then you'll break the build system.