GCCSDK trunk status ?

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Fri Jun 24 14:30:06 PDT 2005

In message <20050624072725.ox25zhs268g0gkcc at mail.sqrt.co.uk>
          Nick Burrett <nick at sqrt.co.uk> wrote:

> Quoting John Tytgat <John.Tytgat at aaug.net>:
>
> > The current trunk version of GCCSDK kit gives me a gcc which on RISC OS
> > results in:
> >
> >  ld fatal error: library file libgcc not found
> >
> > Although the !gcc.bin.arm-riscos-aof.3_4.apcs32.arch3.libscl.o.libgcc
> > and !gcc.bin.arm-riscos-aof.3_4.apcs32.arch3.unixlib.o.libgcc files are
> > there.  I've reverted the recent UnixLib riscosify patch but that didn't
> > fix it.
>
> Those paths look wrong.  I changed the multilib directory names some
> time ago to facilitate support for building libraries as RISC OS
> modules.
>
> Make sure that the top-level Makefile.in is up-to-date.

That wasn't exactly the problem but it gave me the clue I was missing.  I
was using the zip files made by the riscos-pkg target and
riscos-dist/Makefile wasn't updated for the multilib directory change
you mentioned (and confusingly enough the !gcc directory I was looking at
when writing the mail was the release 2 directory).

Also it turned out that riscos-dist/Makefile missed several files to copy
into the zip fils.

This should now all be fixed.

Thanks,