Thanks for GCCSDK - obtaining SUL

Martin Wuerthner martin at mw-software.com
Mon Apr 10 06:05:04 PDT 2006

I have recently downloaded and compiled GCCSDK on my Linux box. Having
just used it to port GhostScript 8.50 to RISC OS I would like to say a
big thank-you to everyone involved in creating and maintaining GCCSDK.
It is a stunning tool with really good documentation making it
incredibly easy to compile Unix software for RISC OS. Well done!

Obviously, the resulting executable requires the SharedUnixLibrary
module. What is the official way of distributing/obtaining it? Should
a skeleton !System directory containing SharedULib be included with
the program archive? If not, which download location should be put in
the documentation?

The Firefox documentation points at
http://www.riscos.info/unix/usage.html
but this refers to using Unix Porting Project programs and has a lot
more info about UnixHome and X servers, etc., which might confuse
users who just happen to want GhostScript. Furthermore, clicking on
the !System icon or the SharedUnixLibrary link leads to a directory
listing with multiple entries that are not explained. Could we have a
single definite download page just for SharedUnixLibrary?

Martin
Martin Wuerthner          MW Software          martin at mw-software.com