Thanks for GCCSDK - obtaining SUL

Martin Wuerthner martin at mw-software.com
Mon Apr 10 08:28:17 PDT 2006

In message <910a6f154e.peter at chocky.org>

> In message <5dca63154e.martin at bach.planiverse.com>
>           Martin Wuerthner <martin at mw-software.com> wrote:
>
>> I have recently downloaded and compiled GCCSDK on my Linux box. Having
>> just used it to port GhostScript 8.50 to RISC OS I would like to say a
>> big thank-you to everyone involved in creating and maintaining GCCSDK.
>> It is a stunning tool with really good documentation making it
>> incredibly easy to compile Unix software for RISC OS. Well done!
>
> Great, but don't forget to add GS to the GCCSDK autobuilder so everyone
> can recreate it.

Unfortunately, I do not think this can work because there is a bit of
manual intervention required to build the code (e.g., the GhostScript
build process builds intermediate executables that need to be run
natively to create additional files) and the result is not just a
single executable but needs to be packaged with its resource files. I
will put build instructions on my site so others can retrace my steps.

>> Could we have a single definite download page just for SharedUnixLibrary?

> The definitive URL is supposed to be:
> http://www.riscos.info/downloads/gccsdk/sharedunixlib/system.zip

Great, this is what I was after.

Martin