Thanks for GCCSDK - obtaining SUL

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Wed Apr 12 13:53:02 PDT 2006

In message <805dff154e.ajw498 at caramel.cp15.org>
          Alex Waugh <alex at alexwaugh.com> wrote:

> Adam <lists at snowstone.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > In message <24209a154e.Jo at hobbes.bass-software.com>, John Tytgat wrote:
> > > As a starter I've added a "Distributing GCC compiled programs" section
> > > to the <URL:http://www.riscos.info/wiki/index.php/GCCSDK> GCCSDK wiki
> > > page.
> >
> > While we're discussing it...
> >
> > Is there any guidance on what version of SUL should be RMEnsured in a
> > program's !Run file? In my case, I very much doubt I'm going to be using
> > any particularly sophisticed new features.
>
> You don't need to RMEnsure SUL from a Run file, this is all handled by
> UnixLib for you.

Indeed, and with the minimal version of SUL required for UnixLib version
currently used in your program (at the moment v1.07).

The DRenderer, Iconv and CryptRandom module are not RMEnsured at the moment
because they are optional and not always used from UnixLib's point of view.
So if you need those (i.e. sound, iconv and /dev/(u)random), you need to
RMEnsure them somewhere.  I feel another Wiki entry coming up ;-)