Thanks for GCCSDK - obtaining SUL

Theo Markettos theo at markettos.org.uk
Tue Apr 18 13:12:49 PDT 2006

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 08:46:27PM +0200, Martin Wuerthner wrote:
> OK. Yes, it calls the native gcc but as an action in the setvars
> script that is executed right after getting the sources. To get
> GhostScript to build, there has to be a way to build some targets
> natively after configuring the sources.
>
> So, would the following work?
> AB_MAKE=make
>
> ab_make() {
>   make <native target1>
>   make <native target2>
>     etc.
>   <set paths to enable the porting tools>
>   make
> }

I had a quick poke, and found this:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/doc/cvs/Make.htm#Cross-compiling

The following seems to build*:
(* well, it spends a long time compiling then I get AOF flag errors on link
with ChoX11 which is probably my installed library being broken rather
than a broken build system)

tar -jxvf ghostscript-8.50-gpl.tar.bz2
cd ghostscript-8.50-gpl
./autogen.sh
/home/riscos/env/ro-config
make CC=gcc CCLD=gcc obj/arch.h obj/genconf obj/echogs
/home/riscos/env/ro-make

which translates into a setvars file of:

AB_URL=http://kent.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/ghostscript/ghostscript-8.50-gpl.tar.bz2
AB_CATEGORY=cli
# generate makefiles (including Makefile.in)
./autogen.sh
mkdir obj

and a post-configure file of:
make CC=gcc CCLD=gcc obj/arch.h obj/genconf obj/echogs

The post-configure file is probably what you were after... poking through
autobuilder/build-program you can see it's called after the sources are
configured but before ro-make is called.

As the page above says you might need to supply your own obj/arch.h for
variable sizes etc.

I didn't test what it produced so it might be horribly borken, I couldn't
say.

Theo
[autobuilder now rebuilding his chox11 install]