[gccsdk] UnixLib and current Norcroft

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Sun Feb 4 12:29:27 PST 2007

In message <f77304b04e.druck at druck.freeuk.net>
          "David J. Ruck" <druck at druck.org.uk> wrote:

> On 4 Feb 2007 Alex Waugh <alex at alexwaugh.com> wrote:
>
> > "David J. Ruck" <druck at druck.org.uk> wrote:
> >
> > > After finding ARMalyser built with GCC against UnixLib was substantially
> > > faster for my sprintf heavy code than with GCC against the SCL, I wanted to
> > > check Norcroft with UnixLib rather than the SCL. It the latest Norcoft 5.65
> > > still supported?
> >
> > No, Norcroft is not supported anymore in the trunk. Older releases may
> > work, but you would have to compile UnixLib yourself because the
> > distributed version was typically built with gcc.
>
> Its a fair enough decision, but the ChangeLog and !Help (which  has a how to
> use UnixLib with Norcroft section) in 4.3 and later versions need to be
> updated to reflect this.

There is a misunderstanding here.  Alex is talking about UnixLib at
gccsdk/trunk/gcc/unixlib which is upcoming v5.0 and has all Norcroft
specifics removed as this version will become ELF only and be of no use
for Norcroft builds.

Version 4.3 is pretty old and part of the 3.4.5 Release 1.  I'm fairly
use that this is Norcroft compatible with the understanding that you have to
use Norcroft to build UnixLib.  The reason is that APCS-32 for GCC and
Norcroft is not 100% compatible (float/double argument passing) and that
when you are using GCC it might require additional routines which are
provided by libgcc library.