[gccsdk] ELF vs AOF Desklib

Adam lists at snowstone.org.uk
Tue Feb 6 15:04:38 PST 2007

In message <c29b1cb14e.Jo at hobbes.bass-software.com>, John Tytgat wrote:

> In message <14b91bb14e.admin at snowstone.org.uk>
>           Adam <lists at snowstone.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > [snip AOF/ELF]
> >
> > Further to this, is it possible to build a local copy of DeskLib using
> > the stable 3.4 GCC? I notice that the makefile.unix only refers to ELF.
>
> I haven't tried it but on first sight I would say that when you take
> the DeskLib at branches/aof and do *not* have AB_ELFBUILD set to "yes",
> you're selecting AOF based build.  No ?

Oooh, yes it works :) once I set GCCSDK_INSTALL_CROSSBIN to point at
\home\riscos\cross\bin\ (and learn that the ! in "cd !DLSources" needed
escaping!

I was about to ask if instructions on how to build with the stable
branch of GCC should be added to the wiki, but I've noticed that the
Updates text file has a note (dated 1st Jan 2008!) saying the next
release will be an ELF one.

Is the plan to hold fire until the AOF GCC is considered stable? Is that
imminient?

If not, I'd quite like to make some contributions to DeskLib - what
build should I be working with?

Thanks,
Adam

--