[gccsdk] ELF vs AOF Desklib

Adam lists at snowstone.org.uk
Thu Feb 8 10:46:45 PST 2007

In message <2a3e3ab14e.peter at chocky.org>, Peter Naulls wrote:

> In message <20070206190018.GW13494 at chiark.greenend.org.uk>
>           Theo Markettos <theo at markettos.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > As Adam and I discovered on the 'Building Desklib' thread in csa.p,
> > there are two branches of Desklib: trunk/ for ELK and branches/aof/
> > for AOF.  The autobuilder is picking up the trunk version, which is
> > fine if you're building ELF but not if you're using GCC 3.4.
> > Currently it doesn't build with GCC 3.4 unless you hack the setvars
> > file to use the AOF branch.
>
> The autobuilder already understands AOF versus ELF.  I just hadn't
> gotten around to have the AB getting different branches.  And given
> Adam's insistence that he knows oh-so-much about the autobuilder

I don't understand how I've given you that impression. I'd say exactly
the opposite is nearer the truth. Although I've dabbled in RISC OS
programming for a few years, I know almost nothing about unix and
certainly nothing about the autobuilder. The risk I face is of asking
really stupid questions, not of knowing too much.

> in telling us what does and doesn't work,

You've lost me here too. I asked on c.s.a.p why my attempt to build
DeskLib was failing and Theo kindly provided an explanation. What have I
done wrong there?

> my enthusiasm for addressing it is very low.

Adam

--
Adam Richardson          Carpe Diem
http://www.snowstone.org.uk/riscos/