[gccsdk] pthreads WIMP filter code

John-Mark Bell jmb202 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jan 2 15:43:47 PST 2007

I've been looking at this recently with a view to making it actually work,
rather than relying on client applications to manually stop and start the
threading implementation either side of Wimp_Poll. I have what appears to
be working code now and I'd like some comments before this goes into SVN.

The patch may be found at http://moose.mine.nu/pthread-patches.zip (this
zip also contains a patch for __pthread_exit to prevent the function table
pointer it uses getting corrupted).

I've tested this on various RO versions; namely 3.5, 3.6, 3.70, 3.71,
4.02, 5.09 and 6preview. No adverse effects have been seen. Testing was
with both a Wimp application and a command line one running in a
taskwindow.

Cheers,