[gccsdk] GCC4: Advise using -static for linking

Lee Noar leenoar at ntlworld.com
Mon Jan 8 10:50:41 PST 2007

Over the next week, I hope to commit some changes that will
generate a shared version of libgcc (and possibly give
libunixlib its correct shared library name if I can work out how
:-). As a side effect, as soon as GCC recognises a shared
library at link time, it will default to dynamic linking, which
is still a work in progress and obviously won't work yet.

It's therefore advisable to anyone building binaries with GCC 4
to add -static to their link command line so that normal service
continues.

Thanks,
Lee.

--
   |__ee | \|oar           StrongARM Risc PC,