[gccsdk] GCC 3.4.6 and Softfloat

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Tue Jan 16 13:29:39 PST 2007

In message <DD74FBB8EE28D441903D56487861CD9D07B7B5D0 at lonpexch01.citrite.net>
          "David Brown" <david.brown at eu.citrix.com> wrote:

> On Behalf Of John Tytgat wrote:
> > I'm interested to see which issues you have.
> I didn't press on with cygwin last night so don't have a list of issues
> but will attempt to reproduce my problems shortly.
>
> Instead I installed a copy of Ubuntu in a VMWare virtual machine and
> attempted to get it going that way.  I hit a couple of problems that may
> want to be fixed:
>
> 1) A number of the patches wouldn't apply without increasing the 'fuzz'
> value to 3 (I guess there may be a different default on different
> deployments)
> 2) One of the patch files (I think it was either gcc.builtins.c.p or
> contrib.gcc_update.p) couldn't find a file to patch.
> 3) I was told that there isn't a rule to build something.texi.  I guess
> I may have a missing that's causing this one.

Can you confirm you're using a GCC 4.1.1 snapshot with binutils 2.17 ? As
for those I expect to see a perfect patch match.  I don't think (anymore)
our patches can be applied to next versions without updating but still
believe the updating would require minor effort for someone who's a bit
familiar with the code and knows what the patches do and why.

> Sorry some of these bits are a bit vague but it's all from memory, the
> email I sent to myself at work doesn't appear to have arrived.
>
> I didn't get any further as it was about 2am by this stage :)  I'll
> continue working on it this evening.

:-)