[gccsdk] GCC 3.4.6 and Softfloat

John-Mark Bell jmb202 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jan 16 14:40:30 PST 2007

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, David Brown wrote:

> Additionally I got past the gcc.texi file generation by commenting out
> the manfile generation.  At this point I'm getting a failure trying to
> build unixlib:
>
> /home/dave/gccsdk/gcc4/srcdir/libunixlib/configure: line 4354:
> AC_LIBTOOL_DLOPEN: command not found
> /home/dave/gccsdk/gcc4/srcdir/libunixlib/configure: line 4355:
> AM_PROG_LIBTOOL: command not found
> Configure: creating ./config.status
> Config.status: error: cannot find input file: Makefile.in
>
> Unfortunately I'm a little rusty on linux and have no experience with
> configure files so am not sure how to progress now.

This sounds like you haven't got libtool installed. The following should
install the dependencies you need:

   apt-get install autoconf automake bison flex gcc g++ \
           gperf libc6-dev make texinfo libtool

I may have missed some; my GCC4 build isn't up-to-date at present and the
machine it's on has half the world installed on it, so it's a bit tricky
to remember which things the build actually requires. At some point, I'll
attempt a GCC4 build in a clean chroot, which will allow me to discover
the actual things that are needed (unless someone else gets there first,
of course ;)