[gccsdk] GCC 3.4.6 and Softfloat

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Wed Jan 17 17:09:00 PST 2007

In message <DD74FBB8EE28D441903D56487861CD9D07B7B5DD at lonpexch01.citrite.net>
          "David Brown" <david.brown at eu.citrix.com> wrote:

> I wrote:
> > I'm currently doing a complete rebuild to see how far it gets now.  I
> > think I may also have had too early a version of automake installed so
> > the build may well get further :)
>
> The changes to the installed tools appear to have done the trick.
> GCC4.1 is now successfully running.  However when I attempt to link
> things I'm currently getting failed linkages against __gcc_vsprintf and
> __iob.  Are these currently known problems or am I doing something else
> wrong? :)
>
> I've checked and these symbols are nowhere to be found in the compiled
> libunixlib libraries.

Yaw, you're just a little bit ahead of me ;-) The problem is that the libscl
headers get wrongly installed, i.e. over the UnixLib ones.  Lee notified
me of this yesterday but I'm only managed to get this now properly fixed.
I'm doing a (hopefully) last full build to see if everything works out
and will then check this in.

Apologies for that.