[gccsdk] Problems building libxml with autobuilder on Ubuntu

Simon Wilson ksattic at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 15:05:59 PDT 2007

[Jogn Tytgat replied offlist due to me accidentally sending a reply
directly to him]
> Odd, can you check if you have the file
> /home/simon/src/gccsdk/build/libxml2/libxml2-2.6.27.dfsg/libxml2.la and
> if so, if it looks alright to you (it is textual file).

Looks fine as far as I can tell.

> I got in my log file:
> /home/john/gccsdk/riscos4/cross/bin/gcc -O2 -pedantic -W -Wformat -Wunused -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wtrigraphs -Wformat -Wchar-subscripts -Wuninitialized -Wparentheses -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Waggregate-return -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Winline -Wredundant-decls -o io1,ff8 io1.o  -L/home/john/gccsdk/riscos4/env/lib ../../.libs/libxml2.a -lpthread -lz -lm
>
> which is pretty much the same as you have but without the linking error.

Except, as Peter says, that it is trying to link in the .la file
instead of the actual library (.a file).

What build file may be broken here (i.e. what file can I edit to fix this)?

Thanks,

Simon