[gccsdk] riscos.info MediaWiki 1.9 upgrade

Adam lists at snowstone.org.uk
Mon Jul 9 11:24:21 PDT 2007

In message <9db06fff4e.peter at chocky.org>, Peter Naulls wrote:

> I've finally had a chance to upgrade from 1.4 to 1.9 of MediaWiki on
> riscos.info.  There are very considerable internal changes, but
> fortunately the upgrade only had some very minor issues.
>
> I'm going to leave account creation process disabled for the time being
> until I can be sure there's no new problems, and I can try and purge the
> spam users from the system (wasn't practical under 1.4).   Please tell
> me about any issues, but you should assume it's essentially the same as
> before.

I've noticed a couple of things:

- The "static" content seems to be missing - e.g. links like
  http://www.riscos.info/unix/ and
  http://www.riscos.info/downloads/DeskLib-2.80/core.zip
  aren't working.
- Plain text (well, italic plain text) URLs have appeared next to /some/
  external links - for instance next to the GNU GCC link at the top of
  the "Compilers" bit on the front page.
  Hmm, checking this now in NetSurf, it seems the text isn't there, so
  attached is a screenshot from Opera.

Adam

P.S. What do the numbers in brackets next to people's changes in the
recent changes list mean?

--
Adam Richardson          Carpe Diem
http://www.snowstone.org.uk/riscos/