[gccsdk] quilt management of patches

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Mon Jul 9 15:03:52 PDT 2007

In message <39fe42fb4e.peter at chocky.org>

For all clearness, this is <URL:http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/quilt/>.

> I'm not real
> familiar with it, but it's very straightforward, and automates in a
> consistent manner stuff we now do anyway (I know we have patch
> generation script).

I had a quick look at it and although IMHO it can be used for our purposes,
it feels a bit as overkill to me.

> If nothing else, it means the whole build doesn't
> need to be recreated for new patches.

I'm not sure if I understand this.  Are you talking about create-gccsdk
script ?

> I hope to put this in place in the next few weeks.

I'm all for tools which makes our lives easier and more productive but the
current simple patch system we're using is fine for me but I'm probably
a bit biased ;-) Lee, you're a regular contributor as well, do you think
we can use improvement here and if so, would quilt help us ?