[gccsdk] Throwback & file naming

Adam lists at snowstone.org.uk
Tue Jul 10 14:19:57 PDT 2007

In message <3053e1ff4e.Jo at hobbes.bass-software.com>, John Tytgat wrote:

> In message <404e62ff4e.admin at snowstone.org.uk>
>           Adam <lists at snowstone.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > I've got a source directory containing c and h files named like "file/h"
> > and "file/c". These compile fine without and special changes to the gcc
> > command line, however the throwback gets confused. The throwback is
> > generated OK, but double-clicking in the window generates a "file not
> > found" error because it's looking for "c.file", not "file/c".
> >
> > Is there any way of solving this?
>
> The following is a possibility, I haven't tried it and if it works, don't
> count on it being supported in later versions of GCCSDK.  Try setting
> UnixEnv$cc1$sfix to an emtpy string.

Thanks for the idea. It doesn't work unfortunately. In any case I'd
probably not be happy relying on an interim workaround.

> I would stay away from "file/c" alike filenames on RISC OS for
> compilations if possible.  How did you end up in with such a situation
> btw ?

Well, it's a sorry tale... ;)

Peter's set up an svn source repository for WinEd on riscos.info but
unfortunately the RISC OS svn port doesn't work with HostFS
( http://www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=323 ).

To solve this, I've got my working copy on my Windows drive (which does
have the pleasing side effect of me being able to use TortoiseSVN) under
Cygwin, which I can access as a "mount point" from inside RISC OS, but
the unix-style filenames don't get translated into RISC OS style c, h,
o, s directories, so the problem above arises if I try and compile
natively.

I've still got the option of setting up an ADFS image to use in VA or
working out how to make WinEd cross-compile (and hopefully work with
Sourcery as well)...

Thanks,
Adam

--