[gccsdk] riscos.info MediaWiki 1.9 upgrade

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Tue Jul 10 20:52:28 PDT 2007

In message <6b5fd2ff4e.admin at snowstone.org.uk>
          Adam <lists at snowstone.org.uk> wrote:

> In message <9db06fff4e.peter at chocky.org>, Peter Naulls wrote:
>
> > I'm going to leave account creation process disabled for the time being
> > until I can be sure there's no new problems, and I can try and purge the
> > spam users from the system (wasn't practical under 1.4).   Please tell
> > me about any issues, but you should assume it's essentially the same as
> > before.

I've deleted all the spammers, as well as a number of ambigious accounts
including users that may or may not be valid but didn't supply real
names. User account creation is at least now captchaed, and there's some
additional spam prevention support in the system.

> - Plain text (well, italic plain text) URLs have appeared next to /some/
>   external links - for instance next to the GNU GCC link at the top of
>   the "Compilers" bit on the front page.

You're probably seeing some transient cached stuff from the older wiki.

> P.S. What do the numbers in brackets next to people's changes in the
> recent changes list mean?

Number of characters changed.