[gccsdk] Problem with !gcc.docs.CMunge.Manual

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Tue Jul 17 13:42:01 PDT 2007

In message <f90ca9440707151433m4b412c2dsd8e09cf86fc14a30 at mail.gmail.com>
          "Simon Wilson" <ksattic at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have noticed a couple of mistakes and/or problems with the CMunge
> manual for gcc.
>
> First, around line 457, it reads:
>
> "So, for 'vector -handlers: irq1'..."
>
> This should read"
>
> "So, for 'vector-handlers: wrch'..."

Thanks, I fixed this and will be part of GCCSDK 3.4.6 R3.

> Also, line 474 reads:
>
> "Return VECTOR_CLAIM if you handled the interrupt, or VECTOR_PASSON..."
>
> However, neither of these symbols can be found, and no mention is made
> where to find them.

Those aren't symbols but preprocessor defines in the generated header
file.  With cmunge v0.76 and above mentioned "vector-handlers: wrch"
line I have at the end of the produced header file:

--8<--
 * Function:     wrch_handler
 * Parameters:   r  = pointer to register block on entry
 *               pw = private word for module
 * On exit:      Update r to alter return values
 *               Return VECTOR_PASS to claim (return via stack)
 *               Return VECTOR_CLAIM to pass on (return via r14)
 **************************************************************************/
int wrch_handler(_kernel_swi_regs *r, void *pw);

/* VECTOR_PASSON can be returned from vectors to pass the call on to other
 * handlers. */
#define VECTOR_PASSON (1)
/* VECTOR_CLAIM can be returned from vectors to claim the vector and return
 * with the updated register block. */
#define VECTOR_CLAIM (0)
--8<--

Likewise for you ?