[gccsdk] SCL stubs bug

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Thu Jul 26 16:35:33 PDT 2007

In message <op.tvztk1ljl0n5eg at balaptop>
          "Ben Avison" <bavison at riscosopen.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry, it looks like I just missed the new release with this bug report.
>
> In gcc/libscl/stubs.s at about line 668, __main, the code isn't applying the
> library static offset before initialising the variable kallocExtendsWS.
> This has the effect that heap extension doesn't work for module
> applications.
>
> I've verified that inserting
>
>          [ {MODULE}={TRUE}
>          LDR     r2, [sl, #-536]
>          ADD     r1, r1, r2
>          ]
>
> two lines into __main fixes this bug.

Thanks for this fix Ben.  It is now submitted in the release_3_4_6 branch.
I just saw that I fixed this during the gccsdk 4 development of libscl. Oh.

So the kallocExtendsWS is for allowing malloc() to grow the WimpSlot
for Absolute & Module applications ? As this wasn't 100% clear to me (nor
it was documented in the PRMs AFAIK).