[gccsdk] GCCSDK GCC 4 status update

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Wed Jun 20 14:22:25 PDT 2007

In message <2802aff54e.peter at chocky.org>

> What Lee has said is still the case, which is just fine, but I don't
> think we'll be in a position to do a 4.1 release any time soon, and
> perhaps we shouldn't.  I suggest again perhaps a very last 3.4.6 release
> and then plowing ahead with 4.2.   Comments?

I agree on the 3.4.6 R3 and I will take this on me.

On the 4.2 idea I have mixed feelings, cfr.
<URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2007-05/msg00670.html> where Mark mentions
unresolved ARM problems (which were perhaps (part of ?) the regressions I've
seen with the tentative 4.2 tryout I did).  I think we better await a stable
4.2.x release for ARM before really switching over.  The 4.2.1 release
is tentatively mid July so we can evaluate its status then.

In the meanwhile I've cleaned up our current patch set a bit so that it
really only contains necessary GCCSDK bits which will help a future
migration.