[gccsdk] whois update

Chris Terran chris.terranova at ntlworld.com
Thu Jun 28 15:03:49 PDT 2007

After noticing that the UPP whois client doesn't appear to recognise
the .eu TLD, I found the sources here:

  http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/w/whois/

The change log implied this had been fixed subsequent to the UPP
compilation.

After running the (supplied) Perl scripts to generate some data, it
compiled with no modifications under RISC OS gcc and appears to work
fine -- and now recognises the .eu TLD.

Email me if anyone would like a copy, or I can supply it for inclusion
on the UPP page, of course. I haven't tested it extensively, though.

Best, Chris

--
*** Chris & Lee's Photodesk tutorials, tips and resources
*** http://www.photodesk.iconbar.com *** New tiles!