[gccsdk] Time for trunk reorganisation

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Wed Mar 7 14:25:50 PST 2007

Now that we have working module support for C programs based on gcc4, I
think it is time we reorganise trunk gcc/gcc4 code.  The current situation
is:

  trunk/gcc : contains a gcc 3.4.6 AOF which, compared to GCCSDK 3.4.6
              Release 2, contains a couple of nice UnixLib fixes [*] which
              better get merged to the release_3_4_6 branch.
              Also UnixLib there has the conditional ELF changes which we're
              using in the GCCSDK 4 developments.
  trunk/gcc4 : GCCSDK 4 lightweight build infrastructure based on patches
              and copies of libscl, cmunge, ELF loader, etc.

I would propose the following:

  1. Merge some recent useful UnixLib patches [*] to the release_3_4_6
     branch.  I'm not really planning to do a 3.4.6 Release 3 but for those
     who want to have the maded fixes for 3.4.6 Release 2 can find them
     there.
  2. svn move trunk/gcc/unixlib to trunk/gcc4/recipe/files/libunixlib +
     do the AOF -> ELF assembler changes (for the last time)
  3. svn remove trunk/gcc

When there are no objections for this, I would do this next weekend.
Comments ?

John.

-----------------
[*]: the following patches in trunk/gcc/unixlib are candidate to be merged
     to the release_3_4_6 branch:

Sun Jan 21 15:21:56 2007 Alex Waugh <alex at alexwaugh.com>

* source/clib/features.h, source/common/_exist.s: Change default
value of __feature_imagefs_is_file to 1.

Thu Jan 18 21:59:26 2007 Alex Waugh <alex at alexwaugh.com>

* source/clib/errno.h: Change EDEADLK value for TCPIPLibs
compatibility and add ENOTSUP.

Sun Jan 14 16:38:22 2007 Alex Waugh <alex at alexwaugh.com>

* source/clib/errno.h: Change EAGAIN value to the same as
EWOULDBLOCK, to match TCPIPLibs and Linux.

Sat Jan 06 01:25:35 2007 John-Mark Bell <jmb202 at ecs.soton.ac.uk>

* source/pthread/_exit.s: Use v1 for function table pointer;
a2 need not be preserved by callees under APCS

Sun Dec 24 15:01:25 PST 2006 Peter Naulls <peter at chocky.org>

* source/sys/exec.c: Add to the hack that checks whether we use
argv[0] or not - canonicalise RISC OS versions of the filenames before
comparing.

Mon Dec 04 01:59:39 2006 John-Mark Bell <jmb202 at ecs.soton.ac.uk>

* source/string/strnicmp.c: Compare lowercased versions of strings
rather than uppercase. This matches the manpage (and what stricmp
does).

Tue Nov 21 21:45:22 2006 Alex Waugh <alex at alexwaugh.com>

* source/unix/sync.c (fsync): Don't error on files open with
O_RDWR