[gccsdk] Firefox 2 patches

Theo Markettos theo at markettos.org.uk
Tue Mar 20 03:53:13 PDT 2007

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 07:53:07PM -0800, Peter Naulls wrote:
[moved from riscos.info list]
> The patches are relatively small.  But unless there's anyone whose name
> isn't John Tytgat who's actually autobuilt Firefox 1.5 (which is
> straightfoward following the Wiki instructions), there's little point.
> I'm happy to discuss details on the GCCSDK list.

Well, I have.  I've considered looking at FF2, but if the patches aren't
available then there's no point on me working on FF1.5.  It might be there
are only upstream changes, but I don't know that and it would be silly for
anyone to not develop the RISC OS trunk.

I can't guarantee I'm going to spend any time on it (it depends on having a
supply of spare Sunday afternoons), but if the source isn't available it
prohibits anyone from working on it on the off-chance.

And I might point out that releasing the patches is /required/: the MPL
doesn't give you any option on that question.

Theo