[gccsdk] ctorrent port for the autobuilder

Theo Markettos theo at markettos.org.uk
Sat Mar 31 08:47:20 PDT 2007

On Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 02:02:16PM +0100, John Tytgat wrote:
> Thanks Theo.  It has been applied.
> <URL:http://www.riscos.info/websvn/listing.php?repname=gccsdk&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fautobuilder%2F&rev=2577&sc=1>

Thanks.

> I'm looking for a volunteer here.  Any hands please ? Building the projects
> which are already in the autobuilder, probably bringing a couple of them
> up to date, removing the rough edges here and there and uploading the
> results. A garanteed rewarding challenge as it will directly benefit users
> and programmers with up-to-date stuff.  I'll create an "autobuilder help
> wanted" wiki section for this.

I might be willing to help out.  Do you have an idea of which packages are
in need of updating?  And is there an 'official' upstream?  When the
autobuilder grabs sources using apt, it grabs from whatever the system source
repository is.  It would make sense to standardise on an upstream... the
trouble is that Debian 'stable' is rather old, and people doing autobuilder
development probably want 'testing' or 'unstable' but those aren't
necessarily good for users.  Perhaps use Ubuntu?  But then I'm never quite
sure what Canonical have done to the Debian sources.

Theo
(who is also playing with a few ideas wrt making GCCSDK easier to run
when they don't have much Linux experience)