[gccsdk] ctorrent port for the autobuilder

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Sat Mar 31 08:53:35 PDT 2007

In message <20070331154720.GB20090 at chiark.greenend.org.uk>
          Theo Markettos <theo at markettos.org.uk> wrote:

> I might be willing to help out.  Do you have an idea of which packages are
> in need of updating?  And is there an 'official' upstream?  When the
> autobuilder grabs sources using apt, it grabs from whatever the system source
> repository is.  It would make sense to standardise on an upstream... the
> trouble is that Debian 'stable' is rather old, and people doing autobuilder
> development probably want 'testing' or 'unstable' but those aren't
> necessarily good for users.  Perhaps use Ubuntu?  But then I'm never quite
> sure what Canonical have done to the Debian sources.

The slightly arbitrary policy has always been Debian unstable, since
that's what I use, and Debian unstable generally reflects stable
upstream releases.  Remember, the sources distribution doesn't have to
match the one that's running, since we don't really rely upon the native
tools or libraries (with a couple of exceptions). Moreover, the sources
fetching can be done in lieu of apt-get on the system, although perhaps
not quite as well, avoiding whatever the system may refer to.