[gccsdk] libscl valist functions and __GNUC__

John-Mark Bell jmb202 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed May 23 16:04:56 PDT 2007

Hi,

I've had a report from Rob Kendrick of link failures when using GCC +
libscl + stdio valist functions.

When __GNUC__ is defined when building code against libscl, the likes of
vsscanf get macro-expanded to __gcc_vsscanf. I can see nowhere within the
libscl sources where these symbols are defined. I presume the reason for
their existence is differing valist formats between Norcroft and GCC.

Does anyone have any idea what's actually happening here (or, indeed, if
these functions ever actually worked with GCC + libscl)?