[gccsdk] Syslog: DoggySoft vs. Unix

Theo Markettos theo at markettos.org.uk
Sat May 26 05:44:51 PDT 2007

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 10:02:11PM +0100, Adam wrote:
> Only Nettle uses the unix scheme (CryptRand hasn't logged anything here
> so I don't know what that does).

CryptRand uses a scheme I made up (probably with reference to the existing
Doggysoft implementation), so it doesn't use the Unix convention (which I
didn't know about until this thread).

One thought: if the syslog protocol is used to send messages to a syslogd on
another machine (which does use the Unix scheme), does this cause problems?
I think RO Adjust implements this, but I've never tried it.

Theo