[gccsdk] A need for a GCCSDK 3.4.6 Release 3 ?

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Thu May 31 13:08:04 PDT 2007

GCCSDK 3.4.6 Release 2 was made on 17 Sept 2006.  After more than 8 months
we got a several bug reports and did some fixes for that stable release.
Details can be found at <URL:http://www.riscos.info/websvn/log.php?repname=gccsdk&path=%2Fbranches%2Frelease_3_4_6%2F&rev=0&sc=0&isdir=1>
whom probably the most interesting one is r2541 (with a minor update made
in r2614), i.e. a case of wrong code generation using the -O3 full optimize
setting.

I made a test release GCCSDK 3.4.6 Release 3-test available at
<URL:http://www.riscos.info/downloads/gccsdk/testing> for the RISC OS users
who are not in the position to cross-compile the native build themselves
so that they can enjoy those bug fixes too.

My question is do we see sufficent value in officially releasing a
Release 3 ? If there is, I don't mind doing this as it would take an hour
or so to do the admin stuff and get out of the door what we have right
now on the release_3_4_6 branch. Or wait ? Until ?