[gccsdk] Dynamic libraries vs pthreads

Lee Noar leenoar at sky.com
Sun Aug 24 12:12:26 PDT 2008

Peter Naulls wrote:
> Lee Noar wrote:
>> Peter Naulls wrote:

>>> Done.  Increasing the wimpslot (say to 100MB, which you can't do on a
>>> RiscPC) helps a little, but it still appears to run out of memory. So
>>> this suggests that the allocations are going wrong somehow.
>>
>> I've hit my first problem :-) I've attached the last-failure and
>> config.log files for libpopt0.
>
> I don't know if you noticed the fix I put in a few days ago for this.

Yes, thanks and I've managed to build it. From a fresh Boot with about
6MB in the RMA to start, it runs out of library memory after about 39
are loaded - see attached SOMStatus output file to see how far it gets
and the resulting stderr1 output. However, I've also seen it crash after
only 22 libraries are loaded, see attached stderr2. Does the latter one
look familiar? How many libraries load before it fails for you? Does it
fail in pthread_yield_return by any chance?

Lee.