[gccsdk] Dynamic libraries vs pthreads

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Sun Aug 24 20:33:46 PDT 2008

Peter Naulls wrote:

> No, this is different.  I'm currently chasing two issues; one which
> is an intermittent call to strcpy with NULL,

Went away with some debug.  Might suggest an -O3 problem.

> and a later failure to load a security library (which isn't a fatal
> error).  The earlier crash I referred to happens much later than these
> (right now I have the security thing abort),

Perhaps they're related.  The security library was missing some
symbols, although this was a bit tricky to find out - I had
to dlopen it from a test problem.   With Firefox it was
shown as "loaded" by SOManager, so perhaps there was
some inconsistent state that upset some later on.

The upshot is that for the moment, it seems to be working.  I
logged onto my banking site and no more security complaints
(just it moaning about a script running too slow with debug on)

Anyway, I'll update the patches in due course.  It may yet
be helpful for you, or others to pursue this also.

Thanks.