[gccsdk] Cross compiling shared libraries

alan buckley alan_baa at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 5 07:04:45 PST 2008

> On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 19:08:56 Lee Noar wrote:> alan buckley wrote:> > [snip]> > > The zlib makefile creates the shared library with:

[snip details of build]> > When it tried to run the program I get:> > > > minigzipsh: 'SharedLibs:lib.libz/so' is missing the som___got symbol> > minigzipsh: can't load library 'libz.so'> > > > What have I done wrong/missed out?> > You're using an out of date version of the dynamic loader > (gcc4/riscos/soloader/dynamic/ld.so-1.9.9). GCC no longer generates the > som___got symbol as the latest version of the dynamic loader doesn't > need it any more. Rebuild the dynamic loader and copy it across to > SharedLibs:lib.> Thanks Lee that solver the problem.

I thought I had updated everything to the latest versions, but apparently I hadn't!