[gccsdk] Preparing GCCSDK 4.1.1 Release 1

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Mon Dec 15 13:31:57 PST 2008

In message <BLU144-W1174F5E15FF37FF20CC0ADF0F40 at phx.gbl>
          alan buckley <alan_baa at hotmail.com> wrote:

> > On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 17:33:26 +0200 John Tytgat wrote:
> >
> > A proposal and/or summery what I would like to see happening with respect
> > to the following GCCSDK releases:
> >
> [snip]
> > As said before, this release will only contain the static libraries and
> > we'll reserve the shared library feature for the next release after doing
> > some more testing.
>
> I assume by that you mean it will only support building and linking static
> libraries as gcc itself uses shared libraries?

No, you can build the GCC binaries using static libraries by giving the
build-it scripts the '-static' option.  And the 'create-gcckits' will
give you then AIF Absolute binaries.

> [snip]
> >
> > Anything else which better gets addressed before the Release 1 ?
>
> I'm attempting to test a rebuild of wesnoth to check the gcc exception
> problem that you have put a fix in for. That was the only major
> problem I had.

Yes, that would be great to hear a confirmation that this problem is
solved.

> Unfortunately my setup is making getting a rebuild
> of wesnoth more involved then it should be.

:-( Anything which can get be improved in Autobuilder ?

> > Oh yes, anticipated release date, well obviously when it is ready but a
> > Xmas release would be nice, wouldn't it ?
>
> Yes, this would be great.
>
> Would it also be possible to get the GCCSDK packages on the
> autobuilder website for either release one or pre-release2 build?

I don't see why not but I probably could use some handholding for getting
the details right.