[gccsdk] glib

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Sat Dec 20 03:31:53 PST 2008

In message <BLU144-W1AC27C4BE900B99299946F0F00 at phx.gbl>
          alan buckley <alan_baa at hotmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 18:16:37 -0800 Peter Naulls wrote:
> > As an aside, regarding John's recent change for dynamic vs static
> > libraries; the only application that really needs dynamic right
> > now is the development Firefox, and we could automatically choose
> > dynamic for AB packages in the libraries section (since that will
> > generally build static libraries too). This isn't 100%, but I
> > think you'll in general be able to produce static binaries with
> > this setup.
>
> If the autobuilder can be set up to produce dynamic and static
> libraries it would help me to look into packaging dynamic libraries.

Well one of my recent changes
(<URL:http://www.riscos.info/websvn/comp.php?repname=gccsdk&path=%2F&compare[]=%2Ftrunk%2Fgcc4%2Fporting-scripts at 3571&compare[]=%2Ftrunk%2Fgcc4%2Fporting-scripts at 3574>)
was to facilitate exactly this.  The RO_SHAREDLIBS environment variable
determines shared library building (value "yes") or static library only
(any other value).  This variable is taken into account in our
porting-tools.

The best place to define RO_SHAREDLIBS is in a build-setvars file in
your autobuilder directory (see AutoBuilder.html).