[gccsdk] RiscPkg et al with GCC 4.1.1

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Sun Dec 28 13:49:14 PST 2008

Does someone want to have a go making RiscPkg, RTK, LibPkg work with
GCC 4.1.1?  The main problems are simply C++ API changes, but I find
C++ just a bit too frustrating to track them down - I got as
far as casting values to min() to size_t, but now see:

./../rtk/util/cumulative_sum.h:186: error: 'class
rtk::util::cumulative_sum<value_type>::index_type' resolves to 'unsigned
int', which is is not a class type
../../rtk/util/cumulative_sum.h: In member function 'class
rtk::util::cumulative_sum<value_type>::index_type
rtk::util::cumulative_sum<value_type>::find(value_type) const [with
value_type = unsigned int]':
text_area.cc:273:   instantiated from here

Right now, I can probably build ok natively (slowly), but I'd like
to cross build - i.e, have the 3 packages in the autobuilder - I
don't want to make releases of them (since that's done on riscpkg.org
of course), but it'd be convenient to try and resolve some issues it
has dealing with the riscos.info repository.