[gccsdk] Building GCC4 in Cygwin

alan buckley alan_baa at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 1 08:45:46 PST 2008

> On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 07:41:17 -0800 Peter Naulls wrote:
>
> In message
> alan buckley  wrote:
>
>> I've now got it to build, but I had the following
>> problems. Can anyone tell me if they were caused
>> specifically by my installation or if they are
>> general problems?
>>
>> The build went through most the steps, but then
>> just reported failure with no helpful message.
>
> Add set -x to the build-program script; it's probably exiting somewhere.
> I can add an error handler to it.
>
>> My first thought was I needed to set the
>> AB_ELFBUILD variable, so I set it to yes.
>
> This is the default in any case.

I've done a search and I can't see where AB_ELFBUILD is set at all, so
I can't see how that is the default. Is this a problem with my install?

Where is AB_ELFBUILD set?

[snip elf2aif as John Tygat explain what I had missed]

>> Looking at the files I realised that the riscos zip
>> program was missing.
>>
>> Luckily I remember seeing a check-in of something
>> called native-zip in to the autobuilder. So I built
>> that and now the packaging of wget works
>> perfectly.
>
> native-zip is supposed to be added as an implicit dependency
> to every package. If you can find out why this didn't happen, I'd
> appreciate it.

I investigated and found this, but realised you had beat me to it
when I tried to commit the change.

> One problem you will have is our reliance on apt-cache to generate
> dependency information, so you won't pick up all the Debian depedencies.
> This requires a small amount of work to parse them from the Sources file
> we download for other platforms.

I've had a quick look at this, but am not sure what files apt-cache gets
its information from to try to download it and grep it.

Can you give me any pointers?

Regards,
Alan