[gccsdk] Building GCC4 in Cygwin

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Fri Feb 1 08:55:51 PST 2008

alan buckley wrote:
>> On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 07:41:17 -0800 Peter Naulls wrote:
>>

> Where is AB_ELFBUILD set?

It's now set by default, along with a bunch of other
stuff I changed which should make it a lot easier.  I
have one further change to make to the AB to pick
up these defaults.

>> One problem you will have is our reliance on apt-cache to generate
>> dependency information, so you won't pick up all the Debian dependencies.
>> This requires a small amount of work to parse them from the Sources file
>> we download for other platforms.
>>

> I've had a quick look at this, but am not sure what files apt-cache gets
> its information from to try to download it and grep it.

Precisely the same Sources.bz2 file that we get information from anyway
in fetch-program.   We might have to change this around a bit so the
information is available elsewhere too.