[gccsdk] [GCCSDK commit] peter - r3292 - trunk/gcc4

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Sat Feb 2 10:00:09 PST 2008

In message <47A4AA85.9060406 at chocky.org>

> John Tytgat wrote:
>
> >>  ./install-env
> >>
> >> +./riscos/built-it
> >> +
> >>  echo "Built and installed GCCSDK ok.  Check out the README for examples of how to use the cross compiler or autobuilder"
> >
> > That should not be necessary as you've already executed gcc4/build-it
> > successfully (just before ./install-env) and that one already executes
> > gcc4/riscos/build-it.
> >
> > And ugh, oh, riscos/buil*t*-it does not exist ?!
> >

> Well, it's _obviously_ a typo.  No need to get exasperated.
>
> But I'm not sure what your point is.  riscos/built-it definitely
> needs to be run, otherwise elf2aof and friends don't get built,
> and the former's most certainly required for the AB.

Then something got broken, cfr last line of gcc4/build-it:

--8<--
[...]
# When you want the host binaries with debug information:
#   make CFLAGS="-O0 -g" LIBCFLAGS="-O0 -g" LIBCXXFLAGS="-O0 -g" all
# When you want to have optimized ARM libraries:
#   make CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET="-O3 -march=armv5" CXXFLAGS_FOR_TARGET="-O3 -march=armv5" all
make $GCCSDK_MAKE_ARGS all
make $GCCSDK_MAKE_ARGS install

# Build the relevant RISC OS specific binaries:
cd $GCCSDK_ROOT/riscos && ./build-it $GCCSDK_BUILD_ACTION
--8<--